I’m finding Ron Edmondson’s posts ring very true and are most helpful
Here are seven warnings for aspiring leaders that are simply too easy to forget even when you’ve been leading for a while.
One, two and especially four should always be remembered.
1. What you “settle for” becomes the culture.
2. Mediocrity isn’t created. It’s accepted.
3. Your actions determine their reactions.
4. Don’t assume they agree because they haven’t said anything.
5. You’ll never get there just “thinking about it”.
6. If you’re the leader, they are likely waiting on you to lead or release the right to lead.
7. What the team values becomes apparent by your actions, not your words, no matter how well spoken they might be.