Chuck Lawless offers ten signs leaders have stopped growing.
The head points of his list:
- You can talk about nothing new about God and His grace.
- You’ve read no new books in the last six months.
- You are preaching and teaching “re-runs.”
- You haven’t recently tackled any “God-sized” challenges.
- You haven’t shared the gospel with anyone in months.
- All of your stories of God’s work in your life are past tense stories.
- You tend to avoid people who differ from you.
- You’ve lost your energy and passion for the work.
- You no longer seek mentors. Mentors challenge us, stretch us, push us, mold us. And lastly, but most simply…
- You just know you’re not growing.
Read his explanations here.