From the Writing English blog here are twenty-five analogies that make up for their failure in form by being funny.
- He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
- Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
- The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
- It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.