The August/September 2015 edition of The Pulse, news magazine of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in the State of New South Wales, is available at the PCNSW website for download.
PDF is available at this page, of view on issuu below.
Pres Life is the new name for the Presbyterian Church of Queensland’s news magazine. (Formerly New Directions)
It seems to be a magazine style layout now, on a quarterly schedule.
- Grass-Roots Reflections
- Church News
- Mission News
- Generation Next
- Kids Weekender Camps
- Involving your children in Church
There’s still a pdf available for download, or you can use one of these new-fangled issuu online reader editions.
The June/July 2015 edition of The Pulse, news magazine of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in the State of New South Wales, is available at the PCNSW website for download.
Features this issue include:
- Profile on Kevin Murray – From Minister to Mission to Moderator
- ￼150 years of PCNSW – You’re invited to help us celebrate
- A tribute to retiring General Manager, Wayne Richards
- Our Trustees: What do they actually do?
- School kids come to Christ
- A year in review – Outgoing Moderator Mark Powell reflects
- PLUS: Ministers’ Family Camp, SRE, Two students give their testimonies Timothy Partnership, Jericho Road, PIM, Peter Barnes
The April/May 2015 edition of The Pulse, news magazine of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in the State of New South Wales, is available at the PCNSW website for download.
(The February/March edition doesn’t seem to have been posted. Maybe someday.)
Features this issue include:
- Give – Pray – Love for Vanuatu cyclone relief. (See a report on the current result of the appeal here.)
- Malawi floods: How PresAid’s April appeal will help victims
- Special report: Same sex marriage: How would it affect our churches?
- Easter message: From Moderator General David Cook
- Why I believe in God: Betty Thompson talks about relinquishing control
- PLUS: Special sections from Presbyterian Youth, Jericho Road and Australian Presbyterian World Mission
Download or open the pdf here.
The online version of the April-May 2015 edition of New Directions, the Presbyterian Church Of Queensland’s newspaper, has been posted at the PCQ website.
Featuring a new layout (which is probably more appreciable in the print version), this issue features:
- An Easter Message from David Cook, Presbyterian Church of Australia Moderator-General;
- Observations about cross cultural work from Naomi Reed ‘…but what if there’s conflict?’ in Pray, Live, Serve;
- The second half of a feature interview with Carolyn Russell in Girl Talk;
- Four pages of Church News;
- Part 4 of John Knox: Genevan Pastor
- Plus: PresCare, APWM, Inside Out Chaplaincy, PCQ Camps and more.
AP is the quarterly publication of the Presbyterian Church of Australia.
The Autumn 2015 Issue is available online, with print copies available upon request at their homepage.
The theme this issue is preaching.
Given that the present and previous moderator-generals of the PCA are about to conduct their final Revitalising Preaching Seminar in Melbourne, you might think they’d get a guernsey, but no mention is made of this.
AP seems oddly detached from the life of the PCA, the publication of our National Journal Committee that never mentions the life and work of our National Church, but it’s an interesting read in its own right.
an interview with Dr Murray Capill, principal of the Reformed Theological College, Geelong, Victoria, on preaching;
Peter Owen, church-planting pastor, on his methods of sermon preparation;
Robert Evans on Australian revivals;
News from around the world;
and much more.