Ligon Duncan is a Presbyterian from the USA.
First posted as a series of Tweets, then collated and shared around the internet, here’s his ten-point social media strategy.
- Relentlessly encourage, edify, and inform.
- Ignore trolls, mockers, and slanderers into oblivion.
- Starve dissensionists, narcissists, and errorists of the attention they crave.
- Point people to sound people and resources.
- Exalt Christ. Bible. Grace. Truth. Gospel.
- Stay out of food fights. Don’t lob hand grenades into serious discussions. Bring people together.
- Be kind. Persuade (rather than rally).
- Treat people on social media like I would treat them in person.
- Don’t be different on social media from what I am in my life, family, church, and ministry. Be the same person online and offline.
- Don’t give inordinate attention to people whose only “platform” is social media and who elsewhere have little accountability, responsibility.