Denny Burk has a link to Time Online which gives the background behind these work habits that need to abandoned.
And yes, I recognise that for a pastor some of these are guidelines more that enforceable standards.
- Do Not Answer Calls from Unrecognized Numbers
- Do Not Email First Thing in the Morning or Last Thing at Night
- Do Not Agree to Meetings or Calls With No Clear Agenda or End Time
- Do Not Let People Ramble
- Do Not Check Email Constantly
- Do Not Over-Communicate With Low Profit, High Maintenance Customers
- Do Not Work More to Fix Being Too Busy
- Do Not Carry a Digital Leash 24/7
- Do Not Expect Work to Fill a Void That Non-Work Relationships and Activities Should
Follow the link at Denny Burk if you need more nuance.